Selling your home can be quite the journey but if you hire the right agent the process will be seamless. Home values are determined by the homes sold in the areas near your home, condition and other factors that you may not have control of, But you can start by making your home more desirable by doing simple upgrades, some for under $500. Most Realtors will come out to your house and give you tips on what you can do to improve your home and make it more appealing to buyers, being out on the field with active buyers we get first hand feedback on what works and what doesn't. Some low cost ideas to upgrade your home are..
1. Deep Cleaning. A clean, de-personalized and clutter free home is a home that sells!
2. Paint, Paint, Paint!! Neutral colors and fresh painted trim give your home a cleaner look and invites potential buyers to picture themselves living there.
3. Kitchen and Bathroom flooring. New flooring on a smaller room like a kitchen or a bathroom can be a lower cost improvement and may be a weekend project for the handy home owner.
4. Kitchen Back splash. A tile back splash can give your kitchen a touch of elegance and flare, also a low cost easy to do project.
5. Upgraded Lighting. New lighting fixtures can give the home a completely different and warmer mood.
6. Curb Appeal. You don't have to spend thousands on landscaping, concrete sidewalks water fountains etc.... A simple power wash of your sidewalk, driveway and entry way can do wonders for the curb appeal of your home. Dirt beds can be dressed up with colored wood chip mulch and potted plants can add a touch of color.
I am always available to walk your home and give you ideas on how to make your home more alluring to buyers. Call me at 719-304-9424 and set up an appointment.
Author:Sara Bargeron Phone: 719-464-6715 Dated: December 31st 2016 Views: 298 About Sara: I was born and raised in Colorado, and I am pretty sure I may be one of the few natives left! I grew...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
We pledge to consult, and give honest an direct answers and opinions, with integrity and professionalism, while creating an unparalleled, synergistic, energy-filled environment for clients, colleagues, family and friends, while always learning from the past, enjoying today and preparing for the future.